Would you have broken up with him right then and there?

I was thinking about a past relationship I was in a few years ago, the other day, and just couldn't believe I stayed with this guy after so many red flags came up that he was cheating on me. I'm quite disappointed with myself actually. Anywho, one day when we were having sex, he called me his x girflfriend's name. I had already suspected he was cheating on me with her, and that SHOULD have solidified that assumption, but NOPE I believed his crap lie that he made up and stayed with him! Turned out he was cheating on me with her the whole time. So would you break up with someone if they called you another name during sex?!

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• As much as I'd like to say yes, sometimes we get into someone so deeply that we tend to make excuses for them and not realize it until later. Hinde sight is 20/20.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i cant say i would. it could have been an honest mistake. but it's hard to see the forest through the trees.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Never happened to me, but I have been cheated on and nothing hurts more.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, I would....Especially if you suspected and then that happened?....Yeah, i think i would have spied on his butt and found out the truth once and for all. But, now that you know...it's out there now. Good thing you got away from him when you did
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Hindsight IS 20/20, so true.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• OH hell yes......
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I had my high school sweetheart call me his ex's name after a condom broke and we were freaking out! It hurt so much but I didn't break up with him for it. I strongly believe he never did cheat on me. However, I have been cheated on before. A couple of years ago my ex introduced me to his old friend from 1st grade. He knew that I'm bi and kept pushing for us to have a 3-some. He'd hang out with her when I was at work and even brought her in to my bar where I worked. I wouldn't do it although she was beautiful, just because its still a form of cheating to me. I'm loyal when I'm with someone. Anyways I ended up breaking up with him a couple months later and moved 65 miles back home. Last year I found out that they are MARRIED now. So I say go with your gut. If if seems like an honest mistake it probably is. If you have serious doubts I'd end it.
    JennCharisma

Answer by JennCharisma at 12:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• One time when I was pregnant with my first baby, I had a demanding job and two of my coworkers were named Mike. One night I was so sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open and my husband was talking to me, I was dozing off and I started having a dream about something at work. My husband kept talking to me. I reached over and patted his face and in my sleepy/half dream state said " I love you MIKE, now would you be quiet.". My husband's name is NATHAN!!!!! As soon as I said it, I woke up and told him it was a mistake and I was sooo sorry it came out of my mouth. He just laughed. I was so surprised he didn't get angry. I would never cheat, especially with either of them. One was old enough to be my father and the other was a 15 year old spazz.

I would probably give the benefit of the doubt, UNLESS there were other signs of cheating.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2010