Do you believe in spirits/ghosts?

Some backround for this question. The owner of my parents work died this last week and my dad has been very upset over it and cried most of the weekend. Ealier tonight, my youngest sister (4yrs old) told my dad that his boss was talking to her and didn't want him to cry anymore, that he was okay, and wanted my dad to stay safe. Now, on one hand, yeah she couldve made this up because she knew he was upset. But...my family doesn't doubt the presence of spirits.
My mom's best friend's son use to talk to his great-grandmother. She was dead long before he was born and had never even seen a picture of her.
My cousins use to see people when they were about 2 and 3 and would tell my aunt to tell the people to stop talking so loud.
They say children are so open-minded that it's easier for them to see spirits.
My sister just really got to my dad tonight and I was curious what others thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do believe in spirits and I think children can be more sensitive to these apparitions and often see things that adults don't.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do.
    After my own personal experiences and testaments of friends and people I trust, I think there are far too many situations that can be considered coincidence.

Children are definitely more susceptible to paranormal occurrences.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do not.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i believe in spirts. my DD talks to a little boy and a little girl all the time. not sure if there imaginary or not. but i also feel the presence of someone in my house. i live on an old military base and dont doubt that its an old soldier. theres been several time tho that i have been doing chores and heard someones go..MOMMY.as if there right there. i turn around and my kids are playing in there rooms quietly. freaks me out sometimes but i just tell the spirts im not in the mood or to leave me be and thats that.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do. I've had to many experiences myself not to.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I do not. I believe our souls leave this earth after death.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I believe it because I have it on video lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree with this:Yes I do believe in spirits and I think children can be more sensitive to these apparitions and often see things that adults don't.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes I do but not as the spirits of those passed on. I know them as demons, I grew up seeing what I tought were my dead parents but now I know that when you die that's it. You don't go on living cause you're dead you "asleep" if you will you know nothing feel nothing :) So if I sense demons now I plead the blood of Jesus over me for protection :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes I believe in spirits
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2010