Time to move up?

Hi ladies! I have been noticing lately that after I feed my two month old, an hour later he is extremely fussy and acts as though he is hungry again. Is this a sign to move up another ounce in formula? If not, any suggestions as to what it could be?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my doc told us never to swich to an low iron formula. they need it for brain dev and such. we have had two very gassy babies and we switched to gentle ease and it was a god send after a day. we also used mylican gas drops (we buy the target barn. works the same and half the price!) but to answer your question, yes i would def try to give another half or full oz. younger babies will def eat alot. as long as your not forcing him to eat he will be fine. go with his ques. gl!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Could be. Try it out and see how he does with it. He'll drink as much as he wants and leave the rest.

When you say he is "acting hungry" do you mean he seems to want a bottle but doesn't actually eat anything? Or does he actually eat again?
    If he wants the bottle but isn't eating it, he could be gassy. Both of my kids did that until I switched to the lower iron formula.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• He is a gassy baby, but when I do offer him the bottle again he takes it. Im just scared of over feeding him and making him sick. : /
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thank you for the advice... He is on similac for sensitive tummies (fussiness and gas) and that helps sooo much, and we do give him mylicon drops as well! I will try going up a half ounce today and see how he does! Thanks!
    TsMommy428

Comment by TsMommy428 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010