Can a 2 yr old enjoy the zoo/Disney?

We want to start taking fun trips with our toddler. I have people saying to wait until they are 4 or 5 to do these types our outings.

What are your thoughts on 3-4 day destination trips where you go to Dinsey, Sea World, etc. Should a child be older?

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd say go for the zoo but maybe wait on Disney. I was 6 the first time I went to Disney and don't remember much about it. However my 2 year old loves to go to the zoo. We have a couple close and have a membership to one so we go often, stay only a couple hours and pick only a few exhibits to look at each time. It keeps it new and fresh and keeps him from being overwhelmed or over tired

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I say go. She/he will enjoy it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If it's going to be a one time thing, I'd maybe wait until they were a little older so that they could remember it. However, if you plan on taking them again in the future, go for it. My son is only a little over 9 months old and we've taken him to the zoo. He may not have known exactly what he was looking at, but he enjoyed it, lol. If they'll enjoy themselves, it can't hurt. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• To the zoo, yes. To Disney, maybe. It really depends on the time of the year, time of day, and the child. Just make sure that the trip is going to be more fun than frustrating for them. Take breaks and go back to the hotel for naps and cool down periods especially if you go in the summer. As far as other smaller trips, I started taking my son when he was about 18 months old. He may not remember everything or every trip, but I have some awesome pictures and I enjoyed spending the day with my child.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I took my grandchildren this summer. The two year old loved it. They both got tired, but we just put them in a stroller. We all had a great time!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My son loved anything from early on. He was happy at Busch Garden at 14 months...screaming to see the dang horses. We had to block his view to get him out of the dang park. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Definitely the zoo.

Disney is way too much stimulation, unless you are going for a week.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2010