can a 8 year old be gay even if he done understand it yet??

My dh this his nephew will be gay, but i dont think its possible yet idk....

Ok so his nephew prefers to watch dora and likes girly things, like when my son is out side he is being and avrage boy getting dirty playin hard and what not, while his nephew is picking flowers and skipping. we are watching his nephew for a month and when i wake up and put make up on he sits and watches me and ask to wear some, i tell him no its for girls, we caught him with my son whos 4 the other day and he was trying to touch my son on the pee pee, I explained to him that wasent right, since then they are not aloud to me in the same room together till he goes home....

its not that my dh has a problem with it......he is just wondering!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's possible. You are born gay, you don't become gay.
    He hasn't hit that stage of raging hormones yet when he'll start to realize that the feelings he has are what they are and they're for other males.

Or he could just be a sensitive kid who is just not a "typical" boy. My son is 3.5 and he's not a "typical" boy. He likes to play with cars but he also likes to play with barbies. He likes to clomp around in my high heels but he also likes monster trucks.

Kids are just kids. They don't do things to be gender specific, they do things because they're curious or because they think it looks fun.

So basically, he might be gay...but he might not. There isn't anything that would make me think that yes he for sure is or no he for sure isn't.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My mother in law is gay and she said she knew from a really young age that she liked girls. I do not know...anything is possible.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Trust me when I say...I went to school with several no admitted Gays...and you could tell from Kindergarten. Effeminate was not even the word. LOL I also worked at a daycare where I swore one kid was from way early on...and guess what, I was right. They are definitely born gay. It isn't an idea, it is a feeling. My son like girls in Preschool. I imagine gay boys like boys in Pre-school.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Well IMHO, I think it's too early to tell. Maybe something is making him more feminine? Like if his mom doesn't let him be a boy and just babies him? It could really be anything.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Not sure, but I will be interested to see what others have to say about it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Did you know when you were eight that you like boys?

Yes, an eight year old can be gay...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2010