An interesting theory...

When I was at Bible study last Sunday, the lady that was teaching it brought up something that I had no idea about but it's pretty fascinating. She said that black people have chromosomes in their DNA that can produce a white baby generations down the line. However, white people do not have chromosomes in their DNA that could produce a black baby. She said that it would make sense that Adam and Eve were black and white and then throughout time, people were just sticking to their own skin color. While there is no proof of what skin color Adam and Eve were, I thought this was interesting nonetheless. What do you think?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 12:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd like to see further scientific proof, but if that's indeed true, that's really interesting.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think that it would be nice if people all over were at peace with one another.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• but I don't see why white people wouldn't have that chromosome, or asians or any other race for that matter. The theory is flawed IMO.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I don't know I have never heard this before. Many black people have a white ancestorstoo and that is why every once in awhile a lighter complexion baby can be born to a black couple. Also if a baby has albinism they will have no pigment and can look white even though their parents are black. 

It would be interesting if you could find an article somewhere that describes the chromosome differences your teacher was talking about.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I am interested in biology. However why do you find this fascinating? I had friends that were twins that went to school with me one was black and one was white. Big freaking deal.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I find it fascinating because so many people are stuck on the idea that they were of the same race. Also people have said that the mark of Cain was that God made him black. I disagree with that because God made man in His image, and isn't concerned with the color of our skin. That's cool that you went to school with twins where one was black and one was white. I've never heard of that before either. I'll look into it some more and see what I come up with.
    nicolemstacy

Comment by nicolemstacy (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Adam and Eve were probably Arabic there for both were more or less dark skinned :) atleast I doubt one was black and one was white
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Did the twins have the same daddy? I've known of twins with different daddies.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That is an interesting theory :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• it's amazing what dna can tell you, however, god is amazing because he made all of us. to me it's just a theory. God had a hand in making different race of peoples.
    grey4onyx

Answer by grey4onyx at 5:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2010