IUD. Unprotected sex. Implantation bleeding??

I'm insanely afraid of getting pregnant again. I have a 10 month old daughter and I'm just not even close to being ready to have another. My husband and I are always really careful...I have an IUD and we use condoms as well. Well, about 6 nights ago...the mood struck at a very odd time and we ended up having sex in the back of our car like teens lol! (our daughter was with my mom) and we didn't use anything for the first time since I had my daughter. I do have the IUD but I'm a little freaked out because I don't physically have to take anything. Today I woke up and had some pink spotting. I have a yeast infection right now as well. What do you guys think are the chances of me being pregnant? lol. He didn't ...go...inside of me...maybe just a tiny bit but not full blown lol. I'm just really freaking out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have an IUD I don't know why you are using condoms. IUDs are VERY effective.

I think the pink spotting could be from the yeast infection. I have the Mirena IUD and have had one yeast infection and I had pink spotting too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• For crying out loud. RElax a little bit. I have used an IUD for 15 years and have not gotten preggo. Is your string in place? Then your okay. Breathe in and out, calm deep relaxing breaths. Center your self.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Aw! Just calm down momma! You're totally okay! IUD's are 99% effective or something like that. Yay for feeling like a crazy teenager again though! That's always fun =p
    Mom2Coop

Answer by Mom2Coop at 1:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• IUDs are actually more effective than a tubal ligation or a vasectomy. I think you're safe. I have an IUD, and I still have periods; you might be having some breakthrough bleeding.
    Try to relax, seriously! You're wise to be using two methods of birth control if you DO NOT want to get pregnant, but again, IUD alone is EXTREMELY effective, and there's no "human error" rate like there is with other methods, because you can't put it in wrong like a diaphragm (the doctor has one way of putting it in, that's it), and you can't forget to take it, like with the Pill, and it won't break or slip off, like a condom. The only possible problem at this point is expulsion, which is when it falls out. If the string is still in place, you're fine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010