Do you think this is rude?

I have this "friend" on facebook. I don't care much for her but I won't remove her because she is good friends with relatives and I don't want to make waves. well my husband works with someone that lives in this ladys area. The lady that DH works with can not stand the "friend" of mine from FB. Well earlier today the lady that DH works with, her daughter was in a car wreck. The "friend" of mine is in EMS and heard about the run. She posted it as a "Prayer Request" on FB for all of hr 252 friends to read about!!! People that don't even know the lady and her family now know she is going through this awful time. "Friend" posted thier names, even last names and what happened. Its not even me and I am offended about the lack of respect she has for this poor family!! What do you think??

BabyBeans0506

Asked by BabyBeans0506 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it was tacky, but not rude per se. Most people seem to believe that when praying, God needs a name. I don't agree, however, to each his/her reach! She had good intentions and that included getting a vast amount of prayer power going. Not a bad thang! Anonymity is a spiritual principle that a lot of people lack. You can't do better until you know better. Btw, I agree with you maintaining a "distant" relationship with your "friend" for the sake of not making waves, within the ranks. Maintain this ground in every area of your dealings with her and don't look to make any waves in response to anything that she does, says, or she herself starts. As an old woman once told me, learn how to say "hmmmmm, yes, you don't say?" Repeat.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think that person should of gotten permission to post that.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think she probably had good intentions. She was asking for prayer requests, and probably just trying to be nice.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm pretty sure that EMS people have a confidentiality thing. They are a medical unit and can't just tell people things like that. I would print out her facebook page and send it to the girl that was in the wreck and see if she wants to pursue any disciplinary action. If it were me, though, I would definitely call her boss and have it dealt with.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Eek! What a crazy situation. Well, to be honest, there isn't much you can do about it (as horrible as that is). You could maybe message the "friend" and politely tell her that the family doesn't want attention drawn to the situation (since that usually reaks more havoc than good). Other than that, you just have to sit on the sidelines =( I wouldn't be afraid of deleting her from your "friends" list though. I periodically go through and delete the people that I am truely not friends with. Facebook is too personal to be friends with casual acquaintences. Good luck momma!!
    Mom2Coop

Answer by Mom2Coop at 1:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thanks ladies! The fellow mom in me wanted to post as a comment under it "Maybe you should have a bit more respect for someone. That's someones baby laying in a hospital bed and you have NO idea how that feels." The "friend" is not a mother herself. She is a EMT, but she is a glory goer and most always wants attention for helping others and doing her job. She is a hypocritical woman too. One minute sh is saying that [she] "is having a great time with her glorious God in church" (quoted just as that, and the next minute she is posting a status that says "Well off to work my second job! Some people are counting on thier handouts in thier welfare checks!".... URG... sometimes just reading her status boils my blood.
    BabyBeans0506

Comment by BabyBeans0506 (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2010