A question for anyone, but especially Pagans...

Have you ever read any books by Starhawk? How did you like them? I'm currently reading "The Fifth Sacred Thing" and while it's unlike anything I've read before, I'm enjoying it.

I guess I'll put this in the R&B section, considering it is a fairly spiritual book.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 1:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I actually am a big Starhawk fan. I have a few of her documentaries and I have chatted with her through FB a few times. I LOVE her book The Spiral Dance! And I just ordered Circle Round as well. However, I don't read fiction, which that book is, so I haven't read that one. She's an extremely knowledgeable woman & I would love to learn as much as she knows.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I've never read anything by Starhawk, honestly. I'll have to look into that.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have read several of her books and liked much of them. I go by the premise of "take what you like and leave the rest" :)
    greenergypsy

Answer by greenergypsy at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That's an interesting book, but I actually know her non-fiction best. The Spiral Dance was one of the books that helped me understand modern Goddess worship, and I remember Dreaming the Dark and The Pagan Book of Living and Dying being very good as well, though I haven't read them in a while. (They're still packed up in boxes somewhere in my unfinished library.)
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I actually am a big Starhawk fan. I have a few of her documentaries and I have chatted with her through FB a few times. I LOVE her book The Spiral Dance! And I just ordered Circle Round as well. However, I don't read fiction, which that book is, so I haven't read that one. She's an extremely knowledgeable woman & I would love to learn as much as she knows."

The one I'm reading is the first I've read of hers. It was recommended to me once by a friend. It's definitely fiction, lol, but paints both beautiful and horrifying pictures so well. I'll definitely read some of her other books! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010