Anyone have their belly button pierced?

I'd like to get mine pierced, but my hubby is returning home from a deployment soon and I want it healed before he comes home. So how long did it take for yours to heal? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to...mine never healed properly. I don't think she pierced it deep enough and surface piercing take a bit to heal anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I decided to let mine heal up a few years ago. It healed somewhat but there has always been a little scar there from where it was. It could be noticeable if someone was looking closely.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 1:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, it seems like it took quite a while to heal.. I've had for 8 years, so I don't remember exactly how long.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I more of meant how long was it after the piercing that it didn't hurt too terribly much..
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• A long time...and then...mine came through the skin. I have a scar as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I got mine peirced when I was 15, it took maybe 2 weeks for it to heal up so that it wasn't sore. It hurt to the touch for about 3 days. Complete healing takes 6 weeks, just like ear peircings.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would say it took a little over a month, but not longer than two months. Advice: don't take it out at all until it is healed, I did and it made me puke. I dont know why.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thanks! I think I'm going to have it done tomorrow. I've been waiting forever because we've been trying to get pregnant, but it's been two years and I'm done waiting!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I had it done YEARS ago, so I don't remember how long it took to heal, but I don't think it was that long. I took it out when I was pregnant and let it grow shut. Now that I have my flat tummy back, I think I'm going to get it done again though!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Let's see, I think it was about a week before it wasn't sore but like 3 months before I changed it for the first time (because that is what my piercer recommended). I think it took a month before it was healed. I don't remember exactly.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2010