attacked

i live in a very small town and things like this never happen and it happened just 2 blocks away from our house. a 5 year old girl was raped and killed. i am out of my mind with fear and saddness. also a second grade teacher at my sons soon to be school was arrested for child porn. our community is dumbstruck. how do we deal with all of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow, that is TERRIBLE! I'm so sorry your community is dealing with this. Was the killer caught? Just bind together as a community and try to stay strong! Seek support groups if needed, and keep your children close. I don't have any other advice...wish I did. Hang in there! :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We had an 11 year old boy kidnapped and killed right up the road by a taxi driver that had originally posed as the boys friend(a girl) from school. He talked to him on Facebook and through cell phone using the girls SIM card. There were memorial services and a park dedication. We got a law passed in his name had benefits all over town.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• it was a 16 year old who did it. the son of the moms boyfriend. and he had previous sex charges. disgusting
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• This guy was a previous sex offender too. He was caught and now, the law is that anyone that has a sex offender past cannot work in public transportation of any kind.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That is terrible. Something like that can devastate a community. As a previous poster said, you all need to bind together and help each other.
    missmarla1

Answer by missmarla1 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• omgosh no way?! Do they know who did it?! I hope that sick son of a bitch rots in hell and gets raped everyday of his life...and gets his scrotum slashed. Anyways, this is terrible. I hate hearing about stories like this. I can't and probably will never understand the reasons behind these sick bastards. I don't even know what to say. I would be in soo much fear too and about the teacher, wow! Seriously?! Maybe the school system should have madatory inspections on classrooms and teachers laptops/computers to check on this...you never know when a pervert/sick son of a bitch will emerge. some hide it for years, there is no age, race, weight or height for pedophiles and sex offenders they come in all colors, shapes and sizes. I'm sorry this is happening in your area, I'd also have a talk with your child(ren) to ensure they are aware of the risks and what they can do do be safe.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• How horrible, things like this make me more and more thankful everyday that I homeschool my precious little ones.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010