my nail .. graphic detail, some may not like

a lil icky .. here goes .. i had a tiny split on my finger nail .. picked up my bag and didnt realise how heavy it was .. my nail ripped across my finger, i now have half a nail, it bled a lot, i washed it and covered it, i keep catching my finger and making it bleed, it looks like red jelly where the nails missing .. any ideas on what i should do with it?

san78

Asked by san78 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Health

• Keep it covered and well padded along with daily cleanings. It kinda sucks but there isnt alot they can do for fingernails. And they hurt like hell :(
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Keep it covered and change the dressing at least daily--use some antibiotic ointment on it. When you need to do cleaning tasks, wear gloves to add protection. It should start looking better in a couple days; if it doesn't, go to the doctor.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Once my entire nail ripped off and YES it was painful and very raw. Don't worry, within a couple of days the skin where the nail used to be will be normal again. It heals very quickly. Keep it covered while doing things and using it, but if you have time here and there, let it have some air.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I had that prob with my toe! So painful! My SIL is a nurse and she said to keep it covered with antibiotic ointment for 2 days, then uncover and let it dry out. It took FOREVER for the nail to grow back.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• ty mommas .. i cant stop knocking the blumming thing lol and it keeps bleeding
    san78

Comment by san78 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010