What to use on dry breast?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant. My nipples are very dry to the point of cracking and peeling. Any advice on whats best to use on them to moisturize them? I've tried different types of lotions but that doesn't seem to help. I need something good.

cyndi0228

Asked by cyndi0228 at 6:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the nursing-supply section at the drugstore/big box store and find lanolin nipple cream. It'll feel like you're smearing yourself with paste, but it really, really works.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Coconut oil is a better option; you won't have to wash it off when you breastfeed.

Make sure that you are not putting soap on your breasts in the shower; don't worry, they are really self-cleaning right now.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Lanolin is what nursing moms use and would work great during pregnancy too. Make sure you are not using soap on them during a shower (around the nipple on the breast is okay, ,but not right on the nipple).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Lanolin worked great
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2010