not sleeping all of a sudden

does anyone elses child wake up in the morning crying? my 22 month old son use to just hang out on his bed til i saw that he was awake and came in his room and got him. lately hes been getting up super early in a very cranky mood and crying til i come get him. i even put him to bed about an hour later and he got up an hour earlier! he use to sleep from about 9 to 8. now its more like 9 to 6. im not sure what has gotten into him lately. anyone else have a kid that does or did this? could this be because hes getting some more teeth that ive noticed?

jme484

Asked by jme484 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be from the teeth. it could also be from the sun coming up earlier and coming into his room earlier than it used to. Sometimes though little ones just change their sleep schedule for what seems like no reason. If he's ready to start dropping a nap that may be part of the waking early.
    Catie_W1015

Answer by Catie_W1015 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Maybe he's just had enough sleep! Sleeping from 9 to 8 is a really long time for a 22 month old - you were lucky I think. My son sleeps from 9 to 6 and has been for quite a long time (he's 16 months now). My son used to wake up all happy, too though...now he always cries in the morning and is really cranky, too. I think my son is cutting a few teeth, so maybe yours could be, too. But it could also be just that he's confused that he's breaking out of his own routine, too. He feels like he should still be sleeping, but he's not tired anymore. ?
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The later to bed, the earlier to rise, so go for more sleep than less belive it or not. I got that from Weisbluth's book, and its completely true. Hugs my friend.
    boswellsgirl25

Answer by boswellsgirl25 at 7:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010