so i am 37 weeks pregnant and cant stand it anymore! is there a safe way to try to start to induce labor at home?

i am a really tiny girl and i have no more room for this baby to grow! i cant breathe when i am sitting, laying down, and its hard sometimes when i am standing! i am in constant pain and can hardly eat anything anymore! what do i do? do i talk to my doc or what? would they induce if i asked? i cant take it anymore!!! it makes me only get about 2 or 3 hours sleep a night because i am havin such a hard time breathing and then the baby is so big i am in too much pain to sleep!

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh man I remember that feeling. I am 9 weeks preggo and do not look forward to that time period b/c of that feeling. lol

With my first I think sex induced my labor at 37 weeks. The sperm is the trick it CAN make your cervix softer and start to dilate, but it has to be ready to do it though.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:05 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The dr I work for recommends having sex and walking a lot if our patients are already having contractions that aren't regular and are dilating. But if those things aren't happening it's really a waiting game. A lot of dr's don't like to induce before 40 weeks unless there is a medical reason to do it, but you could always ask your dr.
    Catie_W1015

Answer by Catie_W1015 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• fldskfl;kdf;s

NO. You could be wrong about your due date. Pregnancy is uncomfortable, deal with it!
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• and you won't get more sleep when the baby gets here.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I felt the same way! I'm barely 5 ft and was about 95 pounds when I got pregnant. I used to say "There's no enough room for air, food, and baby all to be inside my body at the same time... one of them is going to have to go!" Unfortunately I don't think there is any safe way to induce. All those remedies people suggest are dangerous and not really all that effective. I think you're best bet is to just hang in there... you're almost there, right?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If your Dr has not told you sex is unsafe....then its perfectly ok to have sex. Its natural and does not hurt the baby.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• eat fesh pineapple.
    GRANNYDONNA

Answer by GRANNYDONNA at 8:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Let the baby stay in until the baby is ready to come out. Really 37 weeks is barely full term and you could be off on your due date thus making the baby 35 weeks or worse. I would look down on any doctor who did induce you for a NON MEDICAL reason and being uncomfortable while pregnant is definitely a non medical reason. All the natural ways to induce labor ONLY work if your body is READY to go into labor any way and they speed things up then.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• very hard to be so big especially in the summer heat
    you said you are small, is doctor looking into size of baby and size of you?
    can i assume this is your first?
    when i was big and had pinched nerve, nurse told me about a yoga position that relieved the pain, maybe a yoga position to help you too? my sister had a brech baby was scheduled for c section and a nurse gave her a yaga position that turned her baby last few days (this was after very uncomfortable session with the doc moving the baby on her tummy from the outside)
    so maybe some yoga, hard to think of when so big, but worth a call

i like the sex suggestions, MAY bring baby along quicker, but will take your mind off of for a while at least

try to hang in there

if concerned on your small size, talk to your doctor, might not have baby earlier, but may be ready for a c section if doc thinks baby too large for you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The sperm is the trick it CAN make your cervix softer
    did nt know that was reason, very interesting
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2010