Are your children "average" size or like my daughter, "ginormous"?

At age 12 she is almost 6' tall and 160 lbs. This makes me the smallest person in the house. And I really am not small! I'm 5'7" and 145 lbs.

plclemo

Asked by plclemo at 9:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My daughter is the opposite. She's six years old and she's only 37 inches 33 lbs. SMALL!! She's like a 4-year-old but her doctor said she's going to be normal size by the age of 12.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• last time at doctors she was more than average height and weight but not off the charts 80%
    except for her head
    off the charts large
    one time nurse measured, she looked shocked and measured again
    i said no need to measure again, yes it is big
    she said, well i need to mention this to the doctor
    large heads run in my family but now i know she has autism, this may be reason
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My daughter will be 11 at the end of August and is maybe 4 foot 3 (but I don't think she is even that tall yet) and around 55 pds. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• my sister had two girls both their heads off the charts at birth-ouch!
    i had c section

one of her daughter was so small doctor wanted to put her on growth hormones, sister did not
    when she was 3, sister has her out and about, an old lady said..boy she is a real good walker, they were going up the stairs, her daughter had to use hands as she went up stairs (she looked under two-very tiny)
    her daughter turned and started a conversation with the lady, the lady almost fell down the stairs in shock
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My girls are teeny tiny.

But I was like that and so was my grandmother...maybe hereditary.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My girls were large at birth (one was 11 lbs, 7 oz, the other was 9 lbs, 3 oz), but both are very slim now, though they're a tad on the tall side (75th percentile for height).
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My sons take after their father's side of the family and were on the short side.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My son is a skinny kid,4'3 and 60 lbs at 9. With his autism he never stops moving! he runs off all his calories

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• 2 of my 3 boys are big. My 2 and 5 year olds are really tall and heave (not fat though, mind you). My 2 year old is 37 or 38 inches tall and 36lbs and my 5 year old is 51lbs and 47inches. My 6 year old is 46 inches and 43lbs. He's average in height and skinny.
    I'm not even 5 ft tall, so I imagine by the time my kids hit 9 or 10, I'll be the shortest in the house. DH is 6'4.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• ginormous! He is 16 months and 35lbs!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 9:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2010