How much would you pay a babysitter in your home for 2 kids?

I would bring my 2 year old and I don't do housekeeping. I'll clean up messes made while I'm there but that's it. I don't mind taking kids to activities if needed. I also plan on starting letter of the week with my son so I would include their kids if they were the right age and I also would take them to our play group.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 9:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ok so going to their house and bringing my child...Babysitting regularly...like M-F? Like set times 7-5 kind of thing?
    If set and steadily i would go with daily rate...if Fluctuating and not steady I would go hourly...I would say 10-15 depending on how far..and if it is set I would say 50/day at least ..you'll have to think of gas and stuff...
    I would say like 250/270 a week is good and fair
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My friend pays $10 hour for someone to come to her house and watch her two kids, but they do not bring their own child.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• around $10 per hour I guess. That's how much I pay.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If you are bringing your own child, almost no housekeeping, then for a 10 hour day, shall we say, I'd pay maybe $50 a day. If you are talking hourly employment, then I'd say $10 an hour, but if it is a regular job, every weekday, then $150 maximum, since your child would be using our facilities.

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It depends..I have been and AM CURRENTLY on both sides of that situation.
    1. Where do you live, different areas of the country pay A LOT more than others.
    2. What are your restrictions, OTher than Housework..Days, times etc.
    3. Are you looking to be a "babysitter" and "Nanny" or a "mother's Helper"...YES IT MATTERS

Here is Why I ask.. I am in NJ, I am a 33 YO Mom of 2 I take IN MY HOUSE, no Less for 2 kids 8.50 and hr. or a FT rate of 50.00 a day. FT being 7-5
    Restrictions..Im flexible on days and times, I have one family who comes sometimes 1 -3 days a wk (she is a nurse) they pay hourly...the other is here 7-530 daily we are on a set 50/day. I would do weekends, overnight, evenings.
    Babysitting is usually not daily..doesn't require as much as a Nanny (groceries, errands, kids stuff), Mother's helper they are home...I have one here RIGHT NOW..She asks 4.00 an /hr (she is 13) I give her 5.00 for my 2 kids
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm thinking more of a full time babysitter. Bc I'm not wanting to run errands of housekeeping. I would rather just focus on the kids.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't ever think that you would be do the housekeeping if your babysitting, unless you plan on being a Nanny. But I agree with everyone else it's usually $10.00 an hour or $50.00 a day.
    And that's another thing to factor in also if you and your child will be eating their food. Honestly I would take my child to your house, not have you and your child come to mine. When I've babysitted they always brought their child to my house.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would bring our food. And I would rather it be at my house but I live with my parents so it's not an option right now.
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I HAVE 3 KIDS AGES 8,6,AND 5. I PAY THE BABYSITTER ABOUT $10.00 AN HOUR.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'd pay $3-4 per hour. I don't know anyone that would pay or expect to get $10 per hour to babysit.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010