How long will America force its own people into poverty just to pad the pockets of those who make more in a day than we could spend in a lifetime

Do you believe America is in a decline due to corporate greed?
The average CEO of a large U.S. company made roughly $10.8 million last year, or 364 times that of U.S. full-time worker.
These are U.S. companies either sending American jobs overseas, or choosing to employ cheap overseas labor, instead of American workers. As these CEO's salaries go up, we are losing jobs and the cost of products are going up as well.
Here a list of such companies http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/popups/exporting.america/content.html

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 9:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Corporate greed and fiscal irresponsibility and personal irresponsibility are BOTH contributing to the current financial mess. Add on government waste and the ME money pit and you have our current crisis. Plenty of elements contributing. If you're only seeing one side or blaming isolated groups, you need to do more research.

Oh and that 10 million was likely just his salary. Think about the bonuses-many CEOs earn bonuses that in bad times are double their salaries and during good times much, much more + stock options.It makes no sense to eliminate middle class jobs, while a handful are making billions. Unless, of course people are wanting America to become third world because THAT's where we are headed. 50 families making all the money and everyone else earning nothing.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Do you believe America is in a decline due to corporate greed?

***
    No. I think America is in a decline due to an increasing number of people who prefer to let the government take care of them, instead of doing for themselves; and making a series of wrong choices in life, that prevent them from succeeding, or makes the road to success a very bumpy one!!

The Obama Administration could EASILY lure large corporations and manufacturing BACK to the USA, by permanently LOWERING personal and corporate taxes! In their quest to bleed a FEW people dry by increasing taxes, they are only shooting themselves in the foot, as individuals and businesses merely cut back on production or move to where it is more profitable to operate their businesses--that's capitalism for ya, and it's perfectly legal to do so!

The IRS would receive MORE in tax revenues, if MORE businesses existed, and MORE people worked and PAID taxes! It's that simple!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of the friggin' wo-was-me crap!

This is capitalism.
    The alternative is Socialism.

These companies are privately owned entities.
    They pay their CEOs whatever they want.
    You cannot stop them because the companies don't belong to you.
    Someone has to be the boss.
    The stockholders have deemed him "worth It!"
    I need to be able to sing like Aicia Keyes and cook like Rachel Ray.
    But, alas, I can't.
    That was God's decision!
    In the meantime, I will keep singing, in my house, by myself, and people will be fed dinner, such that it is.
    I do not hate Alicia or Rachel.
    I will be satisfied with my lot in life.
    God can/will bless me tremendously, incrementally, as I become satisfied.
    God never meant for everybody to sing like that, or to cook like that.
    None of His go hungry.
    Don't plot to steal, Libs.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I had health benifits for me and my unborn child. My SO had them through his job as well,

I call BS on that, but then again I call it on a lot of what you claim. You just have class envy because you want it all handed to you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• So silly for folks who aren't 'rich' to resent the folks who are. Instead of focusing on everything one doesn't have, one should focus on a plan to get themselves to the next level. If someone is not happy/comfortable with their financial situation, then there are so many opportunities to advance in our country. There are those who are struggling with job loss from the economy, and they are the exception IMO, but for those who've just never been wealthy to chastise those who are is just self-loathing and despicable. Why should someone who has more money be forced to give it up just b/c someone else whines that it is 'unfair'. Ugh, grow up. FYI, I came from nothing, moved out at 16, put myself through H.S., put myself through University, worked my a** off, and STILL don't have a mansion, sports car, or a hefty bank account. The path I chose was one that doesn't make a ton of money, but I am not going to pound my fist

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Delilah, you seem to have very little business sense. One doesn't simply earn a top paying position for being a H.S. dropout with a limited resume. And for YOU to say that those folks just "sit on their ass" is insulting when YOU have no idea what they DO! I'd be willing to bet that there is a ton of pressure in a position like that. Check out the suicide rates. Who do you think the stockholders turn to when the company is failing? How dare you judge someone and say they sit on their ass when you have no idea. YOU do some research, then come back with an educated response.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If you don't like corporations, don't eat at chain restaurants.... But then you will have more unemployed across the nation. Don't shop at Wal Mart, Target, Kohls, JCPenney, Macys, etc~and they can go out of business and lower to middle income people won't have a cheaper more affordable options. Don't drive a GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, etc... Don't put gas in that car... Do you see how this works??.... Consumers prefer a more affordable options.. DEMAND built big corporations. Those options stemmed from consumer demand... Do you understand supply and demand? So, what would you do~ when these options are no longer available? If these Co. were to go? Will you feed, clothe, and provide for those who are no longer employed by a big corporation? Will you care for those who have benefited from a large company(consumer/employee)? Or will you look to the government to care for them?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• delilahsmom1177, Your life choices got you where you are today. Your life choices contribute more you YOUR salary and what you and your children can afford that ANY CEO...
    And it's funny that you criticize the likes of big corporations YOU SHOP IN..... If it wasn't for those big chains, you wouldn't have affordable options.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• delilahsmom1177 So, by your explanation because I sold the business that I worked 13 years to build for a nice profit~ someone like you should dictate how much I give to charity, how much I put back into the economy? (ie building a new house)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• HA! Okay Delilah... Have it your way. All the best to you and your resentment/idealism. I hope that works our for you and enriches your life beyond your wildest dreams! Have a good day ladies!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010