NIGHTMARES!

My doctors just scheduled me a c section for September 6th. I had a c section with my first pregnancy but it was an emergency c section after being in labor for 16 hours. When i was given the epidural i didn't feel the needle because the labor pains were so drastic. this time it is scheduled so im sure that i will feel the needle. Ive been having nightmare about the c section. I'm scared to death of what the needle will feel like. Any advice or experiences with the epidural that anyone cares to share? thankxx in advance

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just had my second c-section. My first was an emergency. It didn't hurt at all after they give the numbing medicine. The numbing medicine burns for a split second. I had a panic attack the whole time, because I always have a panic attack when im stressed.. My advice is focus on your breathing. It goes by so fast! You will be in and out of their holding your sweet baby in no time. Next time I will bring me a ipod to listen to calming music while they are getting my all set up for surgery. and then have someone to remove my headphones when baby is about to be born. Check into that, it will relax you! Talk to someone about your fears, don't keep them bottled up inside.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• They numb the site of the injection. You will be fine. Relax and enjoy the last months of pregnancy
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Honestly it hurts really bad but it doesn't last long!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• First if you don't want a c-section don't be afraid to stick up for yourself and say so. I understand if it's "truely" medically necessary but if not Vbac's (vaginal birth after cesarean) are possible.

If you want the cesarean, well it's more scary than anything. It's really not that painful and is over quick. Good luck to you. The best thing to remember is to just relax. When you tense it causes pain! The more relaxed you are the less pain you should feel.
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2010