How the heck do you communicate this in the right way?

"Honey, I know you love (insert boyfriend's name here) and like being together, and I know you have strong romantic feelings, but you both may find that you are completely ruled by hormones at some point and if you do have sex, even though you've said you will do no such thing (but, by all means come to me so we can get some birth control for you) or even feel each other up, I will cut his penis off and lock you in your room until you are married"...LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have no idea but I fear when this day comes I have 2 daughters I think I will let my husband deal with it...than again we both will deal with it when it happens which wont be for a very lonnnnggg time! GoodLuck!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 10:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• LMAO!!!! When I was in that stage, my mom wrote me a letter...she basically said she loved me and she knew what me and my boyfriend were doing and if I got prego she would disown me! LOL!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I like how you are saying it. But you forgot about STD's they still have to have condoms.
    I would not get my daughter on Birth Control if she is going to have sex then she better take care of it. And I would tell her it only takes one time to get pregnant. She has to learn to be responsible that is your job to teach her. Not pay for her BC.

I would watch the show 16 and pregnant with her. It show how it is better to wait, tell it is right.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• LMAO! Oh I love that.. Just do what my mom did, she called and set up an appointment and when it came time she took me to it, told me that I didn't have a choice, that she was going to make sure that I didn't have a child at a young age. We got the the Dr.s office, she told me what they was going to do in the apt. and got me birth control pills and condoms.
    I was embarresed but I was glad that it was all done and over with and didn't have to worry about talking about sex to her again.lol
    Also I don't know why but when she got me the condoms it kind of made me disgusted with sex, cause the first thing that hit my mind was hell if I'm touching a guys penis. It was just weird at the time.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Don't even let her go there. :)
    doula1

Answer by doula1 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• lol my mom always told me that if I had sex she would kill me. yeah that one didn't work too well! lol
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Have you had the banana and condom talk with her?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Quite frankly I think you said it perfectly!!! I have had those conversations with my 17 yo dd. First start with the no no no no one, your too young, one and then move on to the be smart and safe one. Fill in the blanks as you see fit!!! I made sure that my dd knew that I thought she was too young and may regret it later. I told her that if they were "in love" and would be together forever ( they broke up 6 months later!) they had all the time in the world. Then went into the the safe and smart speech. It worked, they waited, then broke up and she is still a virgin. Good luck!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2010