Why does my baby's pee smell?

My breastfed baby's pee has started to smell. Weird thing is it doesn't smell in a disposable, just the cloth. I change her as soon as she pees, so it's not like its old pee. My diapers don't have an odor otherwise.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's a build up of the ammonia in the cloth diapers, even though you've washed them, there's still some build up left behind.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Do you use any kind of fabric softner or anything with a scent to clean the cloth diapers, it could be counter acting with the urine causing it to smell bad.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• thro in a small amt of white vinegar with the diapers when you wash them and it will remove the smell.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Signs of a urinary tract infection include urine that has an odor. We just went through this whole thing
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010