Mattis to replace Patreaus

I'll be suprised if he gets approved by Obama and the Senate, he doesn't have too many nice things to say about terrorists LOL

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/09/marine.commandant/index.html

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 10:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hell, I was slightly amused when Obama put the man his Moveon.org cronies called Be-tray-us in control. Obama and his administration are generally incompentent when it comes to military issues. Our troop deserve the best, let's see if the Obama administration can move past their egos and do what is right for our troops.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• What are you saying? Did you say won't be approved because he doesn't like terrorists? HUH? I would think he would be approved instantly,because the President and the Government are quite anti-terrorist.....get a clue. I hope you haven't been reading the anti-American websites that are determined to destroy our President and the Government.....it is disgusting how many people seem to be anti-everything.
    As Americans we need to unite and support the President and the Military and I just hope we can see an end SOON to the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and bring our troops and the supporting forces home safely.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Ohh and I think Senate will approve him.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Gertie... really?! Seriously?! Me? Anti-American?

rolling on floor

Ok now that's out of my system, the reason I say I have my doubts is because he's a Marine's Marine and as such he's not very diplomatic in the least! My husband and I wished Mattis had been chosen as commandant instead of Amos! He's a natural born combat leader and my husband felt safer under Mattis' command in Iraq then he did under his own generals when his platoon was tasked out to help the 1st Div. I really hope they do approve him because he's all about his men on the ground and that's what good officers are made of!

BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• He sounds like the right man for the job, now that Patreaus has moved out of that position. The Senate would be wise to vote him in.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 11:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2010