Relaxing the ROE's?

Patreaus says "We're in this to win" but I doubt seriously many people here will support his decision if he loosens the policy that limits civilian casualties.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/09/politics/washingtonpost/main6661918.shtml

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 11:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/09/politics/washingtonpost/main6661918.shtml

Here meaning America, not Cafemom. Just thought I ought to clarify.

BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• To be honest, I think most don't care and just want it OVER. If more casualities gets it done...so be it...

I prefer bringing them home NOW......and NO NATION BUILDING.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree with Sweet. Win what?

Bring the troops home.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You can't win a war with the liberal policy of tying one arm behind the backs of our solders.

Either let them fight to win or get the hell out.

It could have been over a long time ago if the politicians would get out of their way and let the military do it's job.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

Why didnt they win it before the liberals took over? I believe we were told it would be over in months and pay for itself ....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Why didnt they win it before the liberals took over? I believe we were told it would be over in months and pay for itself ....

***
    And why didn't Barry "end the war and bring the troops home within his one year time frame?! Why hasn't he closed GITMO yet?! Why hasn't he created the 3-4,000,000 jobs he promised? Why is unemployment DOUBLE that of past presidents?! So MANY questions.... LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• War is always a no-win thing. We can't say ( with any brains,) ,LOL,,,to just let the military do its job...there IS no job...there is only Greed and the power brokers want control of the oil-rich regions over there. They have been working on this for decades,you know...greed and control. So, lets not start waving our flags and singing the National Anthem...because its not worth it. And wouldn't make sense.
    We need to get our military men and women home NOW. I am afraid for them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• And why didn't Barry "end the war and bring the troops home within his one year time frame?! Why hasn't he closed GITMO yet?! Why hasn't he created the 3-4,000,000 jobs he promised? Why is unemployment DOUBLE that of past presidents?! So MANY questions.... LOL

You are apparently ignorant of teh actual things President Obama said about the wars. You'd be wise to go back and watch the debates. They clearly lay out his plans. As for Gitmo, while there are MANY for closing it, including the marine who designed it, there are other logistical nightmares that need addressing first

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• So we bring them home... then what? reservists are already coming home now to find they have no jobs anymore, so that'll more then double the unemployment rate as it stands now. Suicide rates are holding steady but without an exit strategy that allows for a sense of accomplishment they won't hold for long. There's no system in place to actually deal with them coming back and getting out, there are a large number that will if there's no war to fight because they'll have no purpose, and transitioning into our society again. So yeah I'm all for bringing them home and them staying home! Maybe my husband would actually be home for a Christmas or two!
    BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010