snacks for kids on airplanes. They don't fly at all. What would be safe to eat.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 11:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Travel

• Nothing with peanuts or peanut butter, just because people with these allergies could be harmed. But just about anything else that is allowed past the security check- you'll need to check on what is allowed. cut up vegetables, things that don't smell, so I wouldn't do bananas. Raisins, cookies, crackers.

Answer by Bmat at 11:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We took the individual packages of cereal and I let her snack on dry cereal. Since it was the small boxes and never opened, it passed security. You'll need to check and see if packing your own will pass through. Just go to the website of whichever airline you're traveling on and they will have a list of the unapproved stuff.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• what age kids? I'd probably fix sandwiches, cut in 4's...so you can eat one or more. Crackers/cheese. fruit.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• the same snacks you would take anywhere.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Trail Mix – Beef Jerky – dry fruit – maple nut goodies – he he :-D
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• When the kids & I fly I take trail mix, granola bars, sandwich crackers, fruit snacks, etc.
    Basically anything that travels easily, leaves little mess, and is filling.
    HouseKatof2

Answer by HouseKatof2 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You can buy food after the security check, and you can bring unopened containers of baby food and formula. I googled and couldn't find what I was looking for. It may be that you'll need to purchase snacks after you get through the security check. We did last December.

Answer by Bmat at 3:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You can bring food from home. I always bring food and have traveled on many different airlines. The only thing is you can't take drinks past security. I breastfeed, so I don't know the rules on formula. I usually take an empty reusable water bottle and just fill it at a water fountain once I get past security.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Dry fruit, trail mix, dry cereal, fruit snacks
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1667.shtm

This has information about food on airplanes.

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010