What cell phone compnay plan do you use?

I am presently using a "pay as you go" cell phone plan. With my daughter leaving for college out of town next month, I am looking at a new cell phone option. I would like to hear about what company others are using and what you like or dislike about it. Any tips you can offer to help with this search will be appreciated.

livinghealthy

Asked by livinghealthy at 11:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Shopping

• None. I'm the last person on the planet without a cell phone. lol.

I had one for a while, but now that I'm a SAHM I don't have a reason for one. I'm a big fan of Cricket thought. I loved their services and they were cheaper than anything else...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If u want to save money try Straight Talk from wal-mart the plan is $45.00 unlimited talking,texting,internet.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i have at&t and love it! their customer service is wonderful, i've had them for 5yrs and never had problems. although they have good reception, verizon has the best reception, getting signal even in the middle of nowhere. but at&t is cheaper. with verizon, they were always jacking my price up. so between them, you choose either better reception, or better prices. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have Sprint, and hubby has Nextel. My internet is MUCH faster, but other than that we're both happy. I had Verizon, and the phone service was good, but the customer service was poor.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 11:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have Verizon. They are a lot more expensive, but a lot of places I go here in GA and to visit my family in the country, Verizon is the only thing that gets service, so all my family and most of my friends have it and we can all talk free to each other.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My DH and I have had T-Mobile for years. We've always been happy with the service and the pricing options of the plans offered. We find they're more competitive than Verizon or AT&T. Plus I hate AT&T, but that's a whole different story. Check out the T-Mobile website. I think a lot of decision depends on what exactly you plan on using the phone for--do you text? Lots of long distance calling?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• T-Mobile. I have found them to be the most affordable and the easiest to deal with as far as customer service, at least in this area.
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have Verizon at the moment but we are about to switch to AT&T only because we want iPhones. I personally don't like AT&T because my mom works for them and they are not that good to their employees. In fact, I just saw an article that talked about the disparities in CEO pay to employee pay and AT&T was on there for having such a large gap.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Hey everyone, thanks for the tips & commitments.   Looks like I am going to have to head out to some of phone stores & talk to the dreaded salesfolks.  

livinghealthy

Comment by livinghealthy (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Okay, just let everyone know what we decided. We have gone with verizon. The family plan is good, not great on price. We went with phones with the keypad for easy texting and the phone cost was $20 each. I also found out that verizon works very good in the Asheville, NC area where my daughter will be starting college in a couple of weeks.
    livinghealthy

Comment by livinghealthy (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2010