How long do you wait to meet someone when you meet through a dating site?

I mean assuming they're local and you could meet soon. How long should you wait? And what should you try to find out first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Email back and forth for awhile. Get info on family, work, interests and hobbies, if they like where they live, etc. You can read a lot between the lines if you correspond for awhile. Then maybe meet at a coffe shop, definitely a public place, for a cup of coffee. Maybe a couple of friends could even be at the same place ata different table. You can pull that off if everyone is mature about it and just observe...........no texting or anything. Don't give out phone and address for a long time. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i met my husband on match.com. we emailed for a few days and then we started talking on the phone. we talked for about 2 weeks before we decided to meet. we've been together 8 1/2 years and married almost 7 years.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 1:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would email back and forth for a little while. Maybe talk on the phone a few times. I would personally give it a month or so. I met my husband online and we didn't meet in person until about two months after talking online. It was worth the wait. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I also forgot to mention that my husband didn't live in the same state. I lived in SC and he lived 8 hours away in FL.
    poptart0325