What is your preschooler's schedule at home?

I am a stay-at-home mom to a four year old, three year old, and sixteen month old. My three year old son has a speech delay and his pediatrician supsects autism spectrum. He will be evaulated in August. He receives speech therapy. I was just wondering what everyone does in the summer, as far as, schedules, activities, etc. with their preschoolers. I always feel like I should be doing more. Any suggestions? Thank!!

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am a SAHM to a 4 year old and we really need a schedule!! I really wanna see answers to this question too!!!! :)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We do nothing. My 4yo is my youngest (until next week). She gets up whenever she wants, gets her own breakfast with help from her older siblings. Then they watch TV until I get up. Then the TV goes off and they go outside to play or play board games in the house or get their chores done. She usually has lunch around noon. We have dinner around 6pm.
    That's it. There is no master plan or schedule. They aren't signed up for any activities. they just hang out with their friends, ride bikes, swim in our pool, watch TV, play with their toys, etc. Lazy days.
    I did the same when my older kids were little (they are now 10, 8 1/2 and 7 1/2).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• it is summer time and my son does sleep in and he plays his wii, plays with his trios and legos, hates to be outside because there isn't anyone to play with him. sometimes his 17 yr old sister and her friends take him to the beach, which is way more fun then with mom, lol,
    I know I should be having him write and draw but he has small motor problems and fights me to death on the reasons why he won't use a pencil, crayons or markers, or even play dough. We go camping and we talk alot to each other, play games that teach him math, words,letters,numbers without him knowing he is learning.
    Come sept. he will be in school fulltime and will be very busy so for now we just kick back and do whatever the day brings.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Actually after thinking about the question my oldest daughter has Aspergers and when she was 4 we had a rountine...I was younger back and she was still the only kid.
    it was breakfast
    wash up and change clothes, do the hair
    go to the park then walk around the trails
    home for lunch then outside to play with the other kids and i had to keep a close eye on her because other kids picked on her
    dad came home and the ice cream truck came around and more play time outside
    back then TV didn't offer what it does today and video games weren't a big deal
    Dinner a bath before bed and the same 3 books at bedtime.
    she was always rigid about her routine and still is. at 23 she has to be in bed at 9 pm or she gets nervous
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We continue much of the activities we do during the year
    -Chess club
    -Swim lessons (added for summer)
    -Weekly library trips
    -Piano lessons
    -Trips to local zoo and museums
    -Play dates with friends

Renee
    Author of awarding winning book The Smarter Preschooler: Unlocking Your Child's Intellectual Potential
    www.TheSmarterPreschooler.com
    azmom2boys

Answer by azmom2boys at 6:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We do as much as we can during the summer cause once winter is here we are stuck inside for the most part! We play outside, and my daughter loves the easiest things; blowing bubble... running threw the sprinklers having a tea party with water and gold fish, ect... We also try to go to the park about once or twice a week and we have children indoor jungle gyms we go to if it's too hot outside! I still feel like I don't do enough too, but I think it's just cause we are stay at home moms so we are home all day and we are never satisfied!! lol But at this age, almost anything you do with them they will love... Paint, color, watch a special movie, ect!!
    Blessedmama23

Answer by Blessedmama23 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010