Your thoughts on the show "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant"

I am addicted to the Discovery Healthy Channel and before I got pregnant watching the show i could see how a woman might know know they are pregnant due to spotting and no weight gain...but not that I am pregnant I dont understand how they did not know. I mean my daughter kicks every single day all day and its a movement you cannot confuse with anything else how could they not know??! it baffles me I mean i dont judge i understand that it can happen it just is mind boggling to me...just wanted your thoughts on the show... =)

Linda_PF

Asked by Linda_PF at 12:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• I knew a girl back home that honestly didn't know she was pregnant. She was a big partier.. and always drank and smoked and such.. and went to the hospital in terrible pain.. come to find out, she was full term and was in full blown labor. She luckily gave birth to a healthy baby boy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I hope it does not happen to me. I have my tubes tied. So that wouldn't even cross my mind.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I know what you mean, I could see not for 4 or 5 months if you had irregular periods and what-not. But going full term and never knowing seems a little far fetched to me. I mean it may happen occasionally but seems that show makes it look like some normal thing.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I really want to know how the woman who had twins didn't know. Two babies kicking my ribs I definitely would have noticed that!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i just dont believe it. i think they were just in denial.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• TO Mamaofficer- I hope so for you two the episode I am watching now the woman had her tubes tied and had no idea her I understand but the others i cant imagine...

the other thing that gets to me is they make us crazy about all these terrible things that will happen if u dont eat right and dont do all these endless lists of things while your pregnant yet every single episode of this show the baby comes out healthy and fine yet they didnt eat right drank and smoked?!? i dont get it...
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That show irks me to no end. They must be the dumbest women on the planet!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I wrote a blog post about this the other day, by coincidence. I asked the question, How could these women not know what's going on in their own bodies?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I don't mean to be insensitive, but are all these women, er, larger sized? Because it's not like you wouldn't notice gaining 20-40 lbs and having a huge stomach unless you're already of a size where it would honestly be difficult to tell.

I've never watched the show, so I really don't know.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No the doctors on the show state that some woman barely gain 10 lbs so alot of them just thought they put on a little extra weight due to whatever they were eating the doctors on the show state that and also the spotting during the pregnancy some woman mistaken it for getting their period and other even take a preggo test and get a false positive alot of the woman on the show actually are pretty fit they range all different body types but there were plenty that didn't gain weight at all...
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010