hip pains?

my left hip gets sharp pains in it at times n i can barely move, im 12 weeks prego, ne tips to help?....its oly n my left hip, cuz i put more weight on that side especially this week cuz i broke my pinky toe on my right foot!

LilStacy

Asked by LilStacy at 12:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you said it yourself
    it's hurting because you are putting more weight on that side because you broke your toe.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It may have something to do with nerves, the fetus can put pressure on places you didn't even think you had, let alone could hurt. At 12 weeks I doubt the relaxin has been released yet, so it's unlikely the pain is from the loosened ligaments and tendons. The best remedy for these kinds of pains is to alternate heat and cold, and take an anti-inflammatory. Tylenol is what is recommended, but the stuff never worked for my pain or headaches. I found that one asprin with a regular dose of Tylenol helped more, although I wouldn't do this past the 6th month. You may want to talk to your doctor about a mild narcotic pain reliever is Tylenol is not effective. Darvon, Darvocet, and Talwin are all generally safe if you follow prescribing directions.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010