If your crockpot doesn't have the removable inside, how do you clean it?

My Mamaw gave me an old one she had, I mean old! I'm pretty sure they stopped making that green color back in the 80's. :-)
But, it works and does what I need it to do. :-)
Just not sure how to clean it. I'm used to the kind that's in two pieces where you take out the inside part and just toss it in the dishwasher or sink to wash it. I can't submerge this one because of the plug. Do I just wipe it down with soapy water while it's on the counter then rinse with a clean rag or something? Any tips are appreciated!
Thanks in advance!! :-)

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I used to have one of those!! I'd fill it with water once cool and let it soak awhile. Then I would lay it on it's side and wash it out with a soapy dishcloth , rinse, and wipe dry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have one like that too, i just use this brush i have for the dishes and some dish soap, then use a wet rag to wipe it out!!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have one like that @ work I use to make chili for the guys...I use the crock pot liners
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would just wipe it out on the counter...don't submerge it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have my grandmothers crock pot too...I only use it to make her recipes in :) But what I do is make up dish water in the sink, use a cup to pour it in it, wash it with a rag, and then rinse it the same way.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• bumblebee, where do I find the liners at? I've never heard of those.
    Kiwismommy19

Comment by Kiwismommy19 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have bought the disposable liners for crockpots, they are really neat. You make your meal in it and then once everything is cooked and supper is done you just toss the bag and voila, its still clean.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010