Not sure how my toddler will react??

Last night I went and got my hair cut when my son went to his nana and papa's house for the night....it was suppose to be just above my shoulders a bit but the stylist cut it way short...to the bottom of my jaw line is the longest piece. My hair was down to the middle of my back. Will my toddler be in total shock, know who I am? I am so nervous that he will be in shock over it...he is a big hair person when he gets sleepy...likes to hold on to my hair and twirl it. Any ways to hlp him with the big change? He is 18 months old

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww, I'm sure he'll still know his mommy. You still smell the same and smile the same, etc. Hopefully he will adjust fine, good luck!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Sometimes after changing your apparence, your children dont quite understand why you dont look the same, but like ashley said above, you still smell the same and smile the same, and those are things kids associate with people they know, and no matter how you change yourself, you are still his mommy, just talk to him and try to explain to him as best you can... he will adjust. good luck
    LuvingMyBoyz

Answer by LuvingMyBoyz at 1:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'm sure he'll still know you. There are something like 61 recognition points that people take in to recongnize someone. Your hair is just one. DH got 14" cut off his hair last year when DS was only 1, and he didnt bat an eye. Daddy was still daddy. :)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I don't think he will be shocked. He will sure recognize you especially your voice. When my son was a baby I would always wear my hair up and now that he is a toddler and I have more time to get ready I do my hair different ways. At first when he saw me with my hair down for the first time he looked at me confused and I talked to him, told him it was mommy, and he started smiling again. He knew who I was.
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 2:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010