At home job?

Does anyone know of any good stay at home mom jobs? I have been looking online but dont know what to trust... My husband wants me to become a stay at home mom in January when we have our 1st little one .. HELP PLEASE id like to make some extra money

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 1:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a skill that you can capitalize on? Like sewing or photography? I had a home based sewing business for years before we moved. Do you want to do any childcare? You could have a child come to you or go to another home and bring your baby. Check out care.com for what peole charge in your area and what some other moms need help with. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Check around your neighborhood for businesses that could be at-home jobs. I work at home as a legal transcriptionist through a company in my town. It may take a little research but if you do find something it's so worth it!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010