My Ex

I can't get my ex boyfriend off of my mind. I have tried to forget about him since 2004. Its been 6 years, I got married, had a baby... Lately Ive been feeling like the choices I have made in my life up until now were choices in order to make myself forget him. But I can't. I love my husband, but I don't understand why my feelings and emotions are so strong for my ex. What is going on!? I miss him so much... I feel guilty for having these feelings. I just don't know what to do anymore :( Any advice? has anyone gone through something similar??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I have gone through this and the feelings eventually went away....I wish you the best of luck!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Not to be mean but it sounds like you trying to start some drama in your life. Instead of starting it with an ex (because there is a reason he is an ex) start it with your DH. Plan a romantic weekend, buy some sexy underwear or take up skydiving.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Time heals everything.
    You have to sit and really think about what it is you miss. Is it him or is it the relationship you had, the way you felt about yourself at that particular time you were with him, were you in a better place at that time in life, do you just miss the freedom of not being married, having less responsibility before you had a child...?? There are many factors that can contribute to your feelings. You have to also remind yourself of the bad things and the reason you broke up. As time goes on its easy to forget the bad stuff and only remember the good times and the happiness.
    GL and hang in there!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• were you ever intimate with your ex? are you feeling like hes the one who got away, or did you actually persue a relationship with him and it just didnt work out. im expirencing something simmilar right now, but see im in a relationship that has sailed its course, i havent been happy for some time now, but for some reason i cant stop thinking about a guy i know, its been 2 years, weve never dated, or had sex, or even kissed. it sucks to think i may never have a chance with him, if i can never get out of my current relationship. how did things end with your ex? maybe you need closure
    LuvingMyBoyz

Answer by LuvingMyBoyz at 1:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i've been there done that. just remember, they are EX for a reason.
    NSeni

Answer by NSeni at 1:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think it's easy to have feelings like this sometimes- depending on your situation, but if you take a few small feelings, and really focus on them pretty soon they will take over and they will become huge and ruin your marriage. Just refocus, write lists of all the things you love about your husband and your life if you have to, try to remember the things that you didn't like about your previous relationship. The grass is always greener till you get there, and realize it was just the funny angle you were looking from.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have gone through this just recently (within the last year), I won't go into detail about it here but for me it was because I had no closure from him inorder to move on. If you want to talk about this-I would be more then willing to talk about it with you.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 1:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I did when i was prego with me and my ex 's now one month old son.But yes eventually it goes away because i just think of all the horrible stuff he did to me to make him an ex.Plus all the horrible stuff he,his now wife are doing to me now.
    SisterPact4Evr

Answer by SisterPact4Evr at 3:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Been there, done that. Those feelings eventually went away and now I don't care about my exes at all! There's a reason they were my exes in the first place and my husband is wonderful!!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I've been there. I was engaged and in another relationship for 5 years, but I couldn't get him out of my head or my heart. I broke off my engagement because I think I was just trying to prove something to myself, this wasn't the man I wanted to spend my life with. I actually ended up with the man I couldn't stop thinking about. We were together for over 6 yrs. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with our son right now. I also just ended our relationship today. IT DIDNT WORK OUT BEFORE FOR A REASON and I hope and pray that I can get over him and move on with ny life for the sake of me and this baby. Just remember why he is an ex, and concentrate on the life u want now. Hope u stop thinking about yours and hope I finally give up on mine and move on...try to be happy again
    csmomma2010

Answer by csmomma2010 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010