True Christians, who know alot about what the bible says

I saw clippings of the passion of the christ last night, I am a new believer, is that movie accurate? thoughts on the movie..

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The movie comes straight from the bible, only a small part though.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have not seen it, but I have heard others say that it is pretty authentic.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Some of it is,some of it is Hollywood garbage. For example, Jesus wouldn't have carried the whole cross, just the top part. The children chasing Judas out of town, there's nothing in the Bible about that. The scourging is pretty accurate. You should read the Biblical account before watching the movie.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i think it was the 'scourging' that had so many people in uproar, the whole violence of it all. the thing is, that is the part that is fairly real. read your histories of how prisoners, especially those condemned to die, were tortured. violent, yes..but isn't that what sells movies these days??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• The thing is, as violent and gory as the scourging scene was, it still didn't come CLOSE to the real thing. Many people died from scourging alone, before they even made it to the crucifixion. Crucifixion and scourging was so barbaric, the Romans didn't even do it to their own citizens.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes it is taken right out of the Bible, however I haven't seen the movie except for a few scenes, because I just don't think I could watch the violence. Even though this is a very accurate account of what happened to Jesus, It's not a movie I could stomach just because I don't do well watching this type of movie. It's heart-wrenching because it is accurate but I don't need to see it.  it is true that so many people suffered this same fate.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would say that the pertinent parts of the movie are accurate. Welcome to the Body of Christ :)
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I think it is more accurate than any other depiction of the life of Christ I've ever seen or heard of. The violence was extremely intense, but if anything it was probably more brutal in life.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• it's so far the most accurate of the movies that portray the crucifixion... as in any movie there is some "creative" additions but for the most part alot of research was done to have it be as accurate as possible...
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I didn't find it credible. The scourging scene in particular was TOO bloody. The human body doesn't hold that much blood and I doubt that a man would have survived losing most of his blood, let alone being able to tote a cross through the streets. It was good horror, but truth??? No.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010