smokeing....

Ugh, I need to quit, its only been a year since i started this mess, after my parents split i started smokeing, My DH is a smoker so its hard to quit with him smokeing, he cant stop nor does he want to, Iv already smoked 3 cigs today and thats reall bad for me bc i uslually on smoke 5 a day! any tips//

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Health

• We don't smoke more than the five because although the pack is there, once the packs are gone, that's it until the next payday when we get more. I'm hurting right now, we both are. We smoked most of them and have 4 cigarettes each to last until Tuesday. You can bet we'll be smoking less over the next two weeks!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I quit SMOKING six years ago after SMOKING for 34 years. I just decided I wanted to quit and Iwanted to smell good---smoke makes your hair and clothes smell bad after just one cigarette. Also my kids and grandkids wanted me to quit. I had to smoke outside my house, outside their homes and outside my office at work...smoking outside in Minnesota is horrible in the winter. I didn't take pills or buy patches...I just stopped.
    You can do it!! Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• We've cut way back in our smoking in the last month or so. We get 5-6 cigarettes a day, and after that, no more until the next.
    We take out our 6 and separate them from the rest. It helps to see how many we've smoked and how many we have left. It also helps in making us think "do I really want this now, or am I just bored" then we find something else to do.
    Good luck, I know it's hard.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Well I managed to just quit when I was pregnant, but before I fully quit I'd sometimes smoke if someone did around me, so definately you might want to ask him to only smoke outside - at least until you've quit. Having someone smoking around you especially someone your with everyday makes it next to impossible, I think.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• we smoke out side so that isent the problem, Knowing there is Newports in the house is just gonna wanna make me smoke, i know its there lol.....i like kiwis idea, but how do u not smoke more than 5 if u know the packs is there lol
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Don't know if this will be helpful, but my cousin who tried quitting 3 times succeeded on the third try because he now says it is "something that he just doesn't do anymore". He does not say he quit. He says it is simply a different way of looking at it and he hasnot smoked in about 18 months.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I smoked for 10 years. When you're ready to quit, you just have to do it and treat yourself like a toddler for a few days. I had to keep telling myself no every time I walked toward the back door to smoke.

My husband and I both quit and it really did just take a few days to get over it. When you think about what your child may have to watch you go through later, it's fully worth it!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010