Did you alter your life while pregnant and if so, how?

I have a friend who won't dye her hair because she's pregnant. I know another who doesn't wear high heals or eat hotdogs or groundmeat while pregnant.

What kind of stuff did you alter or stop doing while pregnant?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All of the above and then some. I stopped drinking, stopped eating the hot dogs and lunch meat if cold, limited my coffee...that was a pain.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I stopped smoking, and drinking even though I only drank very occasionally. That's about it.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Only thing I altered was my smoking. I cut from nearly 2 packs a day to 3 cigarettes a day. I'm not a drinker so that didn't matter. I continued with everything else. I dyed my hair after checking with the doctor. He just told me to do it outside to avoid the fumes and I would be fine.
    What's wrong with the heels? Is it a fear of falling? Never heard that one before.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Oh yeah and cut down majorly on caffeine
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i ate the healthiest i've ever eaten in my life..until 2nd trimester came i realized i was no longer nauseous smelling mexican food! let's see: quit smoking, no drinking (i'd had two beers and was smoking a cig when an ex-bf -not the father-asked me about ever having children and i realized, 'hey, when was my last period??'), slept more (due to being tired, and not going out partying. :) ), gave up caffiene, meditated/prayed tons more...that's about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Other than staying away from alcohol (although I had several sips of my husband's beer throughout this pregnancy) I didn't do anything different than I normally do.  Same with my other kids.  They all turned out healthy and normal.  All I've eaten for the last 3 months as been turkey sandwiches.  It's the only thing I have a taste for.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• only a little bit. i usually would drink maybe once per month and i didn't do that. i also tried to avoid lunch meats and hot dogs. i also *tried* to get more sleep but that didn't happen a lot :) i always drink less than a soda per day so i kept that pretty much the same.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I mostly just didn't drink any alcohol, which I don't drink that much anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. I drank A LOT more water and didn't drink iced tea as often. Still drank it, but not as often as before. I stopped eating lunch meat for awhile and then decided the risk was really low, much lower than getting in a car wreck, so I started eating lunch meat again. That was really about it. I don't dye my hair anyway, nor do I wear high heels.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2010