Nannies/au pairs

Have you ever had a live-in nanny/au pair? How is it working for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• The whole idea freaks me out. I would never want another woman living with me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My mother was a nanny for many years.She didn't live there but she had her own bedroom at their house. She spent many weekends there while the parents went away.It pretty much was a nine to five kind of job. A lot of times....my mother brought the little girl over to her own house for the day. It all worked out great and she was paid well. The biggest downfall to all of it is...the little girl had hurt feelings I believe that she didn't get to spend as much time with her own mother.She was with my mother more than her own.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 2:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Ours does not live in. I feel like we need private time together as a family. Sorry that I cannot directly answer your question.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010