Tommorow I am going to go to Home Depot and buy some paint for my Daughter's bedroom, what paint should I buy

Me and my husband were deciding what color we should use for my daughter's bedroom. Her favorite colors are green,pink,purple,red,and orange. Does anyone know what kind of paint I should use

mommyofamanda8

Asked by mommyofamanda8 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We got Olympic its a really good paint at a really good price, we got it at Lowes so I dont know if the price its much different at Home Depot but either way its really good paint!
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 2:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Washable kind

Answer by louise2 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Home Depot carries Glidden, which I really like. We've used it in almost every room in our house. Their eggshell finish looks awesome on the walls, and it's easy to clean, too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Oh, and I think it covers better than Behr. Even with some of the darker colors, you can pretty much get the job done in one coat.
    JulieJacobKyle

• Before you pick your own paint, try looking through the mismatch paints. They are reaaally cheap and still great paint. If you find a color you like then great! I swear by them.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I always buy BEHR paint at Home Depot. It is so easy to cover and doesn't smell bad.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I never get paint from Home Depot. If you do get a Semi Gloss that way it can be cleaned easily, and gives a nice light shine.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• If you are going over a darker color I would suggest the Home Depot paint with the primer in it - Behr Premium Plus Ultra. I just used it over red and it covered in 1 coat! Awesome paint!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 2:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Hmm... IDK what colors I would use, but I know when I re-paint my kids rooms (little picassos they are, and magic eraser took the paint off...) I'll be using chalkboard paint and letting them have at it with chalk. Yep.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• In November we bought a 6 bedroom house. We painted all the rooms and are currently converting a spare room into a 7th bedroom and painting it. I can tell you- no matter what brand you use (We tried Behr from HD, Valspar, Olympic from Lowes, Martha Stewart, Sherwin Williams) they all hold up pretty well thus far and go on easy. It comes down to what COLOR you are painting. Red- in any brand is VERY difficult to pull off. We did the color Bordeaux (a deep red wine color) in our kitchen and our guest bathroom. It took 4 coats of Premium $32 a gallon Olympic paint in the kitchen and 4 coats of $28 a gallon Sherwin Williams paint in the same color for the bathroom. Certain stains and colors require extra coats no matter what the brand. We hired a professional to paint our livingroom and hallway and even then, it took 2 coats of premium paints over a primer. We never did go with a "cheapo" brand.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2010