Jealous of sister's pretty face since teenager

My sister has the broad check bones, perfect nose, chin and crystal blue eyes. She's always had men, plenty of money, and success. My face is very small with a small receding chin and thick skin that folds awkward when I smile (I hate my smile). My mother always said my sister was the pretty and the smart one that's why she got all the attention. My sister agrees. Of course, they claim that they say this out of love.

I'm 42 now, always worked hard, but also worked hard on keeping a relationship (with money). I feel that I have a deeper understanding and refrain from stupid comments. My sister has always been sheltered and is very critical and shallow. She has even asked me why I haven't gotten plastic surgery by now because infatuation is where love starts (according to her).

Can life by that affected by good looks?

If you don't believe, then please take this with a bit of humor.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Well I think its' all about confidence, if you have it(or even fake it) and go for what you want, people/happiness is drawn to you.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree with the first answer ! I really believe beauty is in the confidence people have in themselves. You attract what you think. If you think you are beautiful and smart those are the kind of people you will attract to you. It to does sound like you are insecure with yourself.
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• hun you can have good looks to, you just need to know how to emphasize your good features and hide the bad ones..

treat yourself to a good old make over... go to a salon, get your hair cut to suit your face shape and your body structure..
    then go get a facial and professional make over. They will tell you how to hide what you dont' like, and emphasize what you like...

it will give you a great boast in confidence as well .
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2010