what do you do when you are in the middle of cooking something hot on the stove and your baby all of a sudden decides he is hungry and starts screaming?

i feed on demand and absolutely hate when i have to make my baby wait but there isn't much choice sometimes...

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always stopped what I was doing too and took care of the crying baby. Turn the handle around on the stove....and just do it. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 2:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It depends how old the baby is, and how much of a problem it would be to put the cooking on hold! With a very young baby I would most likely stop whatever I was doing and nurse the baby!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Turn the stove off and fed the baby.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Guess it would depend on what I was cooking...I would stop cooking and feed the baby if possible
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• my child toddler
    and i can pull out a nail clippers from my pocket
    and she will run , runs away fast
    great for when i am cooking on the stove

** I am not kidding**
    when you have a child who has issues, you use what you can do make anything easier, because so much is hard
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It depends on the situation. If you can finish what you are doing fairly fast and your baby is not in any danger, then finish. If your food is going to burn, figure out a way to get it off the stove or something.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I always had my husband come in and finish dinner while I nursed my daughter.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'LL STOP COOKING AND FEED MY BABY
    1sweetpea803

Answer by 1sweetpea803 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• First choice: "Honey finish cooking this"... if he isn't home and I know DD is in a safe place- I finish what I'm doing, waiting 5-10 mins. isn't going to kill her :)
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• First thing, i would determine how much longer the dish im making will take, and if it needs to simmer i will walk away while its simmering to feed her quickly just enough to get her to calm down , then giver her a pacifier, and a toy and continue cooking. her crying a little bit isnt going to hurt her at all. that usually works for me. or if the hubby is home i have him finish so i can feed her. ;)
    naariah

Answer by naariah at 11:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2010