My niece wants to live with us what should I do Part 2

Now that my niece moved in she has been a very responsible adult but now her college keeps calling us every single day, it's so annoying! I told her she should go back to that colledge but she said she wants to go to a different college. I phoned them and said she does not attend the college anymore but they said she still does. My mother-in-law is now saying that she doesn't care because she thinks that her own daughter will end up living on the street asking people for money.Then I told her that no way will she end up that way because she will still go to college. So now my mother-in-law won't talk to me. What should. I do

mommyofamanda8

Asked by mommyofamanda8 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• If the college says she still attends, then there must be some reason why they are saying that. Maybe she owes funds. Maybe she's registered in current or upcoming classes. If your niece is so responsible you need to tell her to call the college and find out what's up and take care of it.

Ignore MIL for now.

Decide what the living arrangements and requirements (do you want her to pay rent or have a job or be attending college while she lives with your, rather than just slacking off?) would be if she chooses to stay with you, and how long she has to get out if she decides she doesn't agree with your "terms."
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• ive been in that almost same exact perdicament, I moved into my aunts house when i was 18 and my parents wouldnt talk to them. I think your doing a great thing! She needs to go to the school and talk to a councilor to get her credits trancfered to her new school.
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010