Do you think the TV affects our Children

I know it does but I wanted to know what other moms think

mommyofamanda8

Asked by mommyofamanda8 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• i definitely do!
    IzabellaBugg

Answer by IzabellaBugg at 2:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• how could someone say it doesnt?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• yes it does in a way if its something scary or tragic it can affect our kids in words or in their sleep.
    SisterPact4Evr

Answer by SisterPact4Evr at 2:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• It depends on the child and how the child is raised. If your kids know right from wrong, real from pretend, it may not affected them. It also depends on the child's age and development.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I don't know about anyone else's kids, but it doesn't really affect mine. She knows reality from pretend, she watches horror movies and doesn't think some man with big nails or a chainsaw is going to hurt her. Some kids are affected by it, they get scared, they repeat what they see and hear. I think it's more in how you raise your kid and their age and development than the actual television. Some kids are more sheltered than others and those are affected more.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Anyone who says that their child is not affected to television, is in denial or is not really watching their child. I know it affects people in so many ways. Do you remember when Beavis and Butthead were huge on MTV? There were kids who were killing themselves reenacting what they saw on the show, and these were teenagers and young adults. These kids supposedly knew the difference between reality and fiction and yet they were lying on train tracks. Television may not affect your child negatively, but everything they see and hear affects them in one way or another. Even if it is by their language. My kids thought calling people stupid was okay because of some of the shows they watched. They now know it is not, but I still don't let them watch those shows.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010