toy suggestions for an almost 3 year old (also posted in toddlers)

My son (almost 3) is absolutly bored with all the toys we have in the house. I have put about half away so they will be "new" again in a few months but even those are below his level now. I am looking for indoor toys/activities that he can play on his own and will not make a mess (we color, fingerpaint, & play play-doh supervised). We don't allow toy guns of any kind or game systems but oyher than that any suggestions would be great. Oh, if possible tell why you like the toy/activity please you know like a mini review. Thanks for all your help.

chrissmom734

Asked by chrissmom734 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter turned 3 yesterday, she LOVES her magnadoodle. It's nice that she gets to be creative & it's no mess
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I have a 3 year old and a 17 month old and I'm buying them a jump o lene its for inside the house and they can jump in it. They have all different kinds and you can buy them at walmart or toys r us. So that may be fun. For him to play with while burning energy and exercising.
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My daughter also has a magnadoodle. Kitchens are great as are cash registers. As for dvds, Leap Frog dvds (any and all) are fantastic. Leapfrog Tag (or Tag jr) are amazing as well. I agree with a white board, or you can get an easel where they can paint on one side and either have a white board or chalk board on the other side. My daughters friend has this marble thing where you build the towers any way you want and you can drop the marbles down and watch which way they go (if that makes sense?!?) Oh yea, they have this game system that's a bike that you hook up to the tv and they have to pedal to play the game. Not sure if that's any good, but it seems to burn energy! Good luck!!
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Toy kitchens. I think they also have toy workshops for little boys. My daughter has a play kitchen and she loves it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010