Want to hear some good news about a Pit Bull?

BRISTOL — The Elkhart County Red Cross is calling a Bristol pit bull a hero after he alerted his family to a fire, and even tried to pull a 3-month-old baby girl away from the danger.
The fire started around 3 a.m. Thursday in a hallway and quickly spread throughout the home.
“It sounds like the real hero here is the family pit bull,” said Frank Connolly, assistant executive director of the Elkhart County Red Cross. “Apparently ‘Thor’ woke the family up and even tried to pull the baby and bassinet out of the house. Lately we have learned how important pets can be to a family, and this is as stark an example as I’ve ever seen.”
The family says Thor barked and jumped on them until they woke up. Then he grabbed the baby's bassinet and dragged it to the front door.
"He's the hero today. He's the man," said Kemper Hunter, Thor's owner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Pets

• I totally love this story! Gave me and my husband goose bumps! I'm so thrilled to see a POSITIVE report on a pit bull!

More proof that responsible, loving owners create responsible, loving bullies.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Awwww that is so nice for a change thanks! :)
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 3:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• aw thats so awsome! Iv had pitbulls growing up and never ever hurt any of us, i recenetly had to but our pitbill to sleep bc he had cancer, DH and my DS were a mess!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• that's cool. these dogs get such a bad wrap from the bad owners. it's good to hear a good story about them!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Good dog especially all the bad things u hear about them.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That's amazing. We have two American Staffordshire Terriors and when we walk them people think they're pitt bulls all the time or just ask if they are.
    It's all in how you treat an animal. Thor must have been loved.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I read this yesterday. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Pits can be wonderful! My nephew has two and they are great dogs. It's the owners, not the dogs, who deserve the blame when they turn on humans.
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 10:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Awesome story! So nice for a Pit Bull to get some good press! What a smart dog too!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• That made me smile!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010