how do u get rid of cradle cap?

my son has had cradle cap 4 about 2 months it went 2 his face 1st and then down his body and then after i got some cream from the doctors it went into his head really bad! he is almost 4 months old and he still has it really bad! how can i get rid of it ? he lost the hair in the front and still has the hair in the back

krissy324

Asked by krissy324 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought a special brush by Johnsons I think that helped but really just a coarse wet wash cloth and olive oil or canola oil rubbed in every day until it's gone followed by fine tooth men's comb. You will literally see the scales push up into the comb. My first two, the fair skinned ones, had it really bad. If it makes you feel better, it looks bad to us, but it doesn't bother the baby!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I usually put baby oil in my son's hair and brush it out with a baby brush so it wont hurt him...I leave the baby oil on there a little so it can soften up the cradle cap then comb back wards a few times and wipe it with a towel cause it can get messy and when my son gets fussy or I start to see his head get red I stop and give him a bath to wash it off.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I use A&D ointment n it work like a miracle cream
    supermom2005

Answer by supermom2005 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Baby oil on dry hair. Wait a couple of hours then wash hair with moisturizing baby shampoo. Repeat if neccisary.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• My doctor told me to use a little bit a head and shoulders once a week. I would put that on there and brush his head really good with a soft brush and let it sit for a minute. I took my sons away in a few weeks.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I BUT BABY OIL ON DD'S HAIR AND THEN WASH IT 2-3 TIME'S A WEEK AND IT WENT AWAY
    1sweetpea803

Answer by 1sweetpea803 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i was told to put head and shoulder on his head at the beginning of his bath and wash it out at the end it worked for my son i was i also put baby oil on his head and brushed it
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 5:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I fought it for months. I finally used vegetable oil and it went away and has been gone over 6 months :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2010