How many cats do you have to have before youre considered a crazy cat woman?

LOL.
I currently have 8 here...well, 9 including the one barn cat that the owner of this house left behind. 7 are kittens...5 of those will soon be rehomed, we are keeping two.
But I'm looking around my house today and all these adorable little furballs are sleeping EVERYWHERE and I thought to myself..Lordy..I have turned into the crazy catwoman! LOL. I need to let them all go but I will miss the ones that will be leaving us :(
I wuv my wittle Kit-Kats! LOL

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not just the cats... there is a whole personna that goes with crazy cat woman.

do you smell like cat pee?
    do you carry one around with you all the time?
    do you have a schedule for your cats?
    do you dress them?
    do your cats have human traits, like kindness, faithfulness, good listener?

If you answered yes to three or more of the above, then yes, you should seek help.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I love kitties too, but 9...yeah, I think you might be pushing crazy cat lady status! I have 4 currently and would probably have more if my husband would agree to it :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Are you married? Do you have children at home? Those are automatic disqualifications for being a cat woman. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• lol...There is a lady who lives up the road from me, I'm not sure how many she has but it has to be more than 50. Sometimes they get away from her, and I always load them in car and take them back to her. She is a crazy cat lady. but 4-5 with kittens probably doesn't qualify.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• LOL! Have you seen that shirt that says Cats are like potato chips,You can't have just one??

We started w/one little female kitten that we found,she grew up and had a litter. We kept them. She vanished and so did one of the three kittens. We now have her daughter and two grand kitties. In addition we have another male cat. My dh and I just feel in love w/them. They are part of the family. 4 is the limit though (and they are all fixed). Shew! We live on a farm but still,I set the limit at 4. I don't think the kittens that you'll rehome can count.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I don't think cats have anything to do with it at all. It's how many horrible guys do I have to date before I turn into a crazy catlady? You would not believe the scum that is walking around calling themselves MEN!!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• 1...lol I am not AT ALL a cat person so I think it's crazy to have even 1. But I agree with PP. You'd have to be a hermit with no family or friends and at least 10 cats to fall into that category.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• There's more to being a "Crazy Cat Women" then having multiple cats. However, to answer your specific question I think more then 10 cats is definately crossing over into one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I hear ya! I am the same way, sometimes I feel stray cats tell each other where to go for love! I think 10 or more would be the number, so you are safe with 8!

Answer by older at 4:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I never really considered myself a "cat person" lol....we always had dogs growing up...
    BUT, I'm now in the Veterinary field...and have 2 kitties :)
    one is almost 2 and the other is only about 10wks, and I LOVE them both to pieces :D
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010