Advice on how not to strangle my house guest

My brother just got back from deployment, his plans were for him and his fiance to live with my parents until they find a house. While he was away she lived with my parents because her family "disowned her "... well almost everyday she was causing problems for my parents ( lying, causing fights, arguing, etc). So they told my brother HE can live there but she cant... he asked me if THEY can live here because he felt bad. They have looked at alot of them my brother seen alot that he liked but she didnt, the only one that she liked he said they cant get because it is way too expensive and is basically falling apart. Anyways my brother is currently working 7 days a week, 12 hour days and she does nothing, doesnt help pick up around the house, doesnt cook, just lays on the couch or on the computer and complains how my brother wont spend time with her and actually argues with me about how my house looks... please help me !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if it were me,..i would first tell your brother about how she is being irritating to you, (so he can talk to her about it) and if she still is rudethen she has to leave..again..i dont do well with house guests at all..lol so this is what i would do.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Honestly I would tell her to get out. I would not let someone make me uncomfortable in my own home. Tell your brother he is welcome to stay but she has to get out, tell him why. If he wants to get mad at you, fine. I know you are only keeping her because of your brother, but no one should be able to make you uncomfortable in your home. Get rid of her.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You are a saint for putting up with it at all. She's not a guest, she's living there, and she needs to help or find her own place.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I'd tell her point blank:

Look you are in my house, if you don't like something the way I do it, get off your butt and do it yourself, or there is the door. You will respect me in my house or you won't stay in my house!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I agree, i would tell her she has to leave before it gets worse. Your brother will forgiive and you might even be doing him a favor in the future. I have lived with people like that and it never gets any better. You don't deserve that and neither does your family or your hard working brother. She needs some tuff love maybe that is why her family disowned her? best of luck to you!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• That would seriously drive me bananas. Why isent she working? She should be folding the laundry if she's gonna be on your couch! Yeah,you need your life back. They should get a temp home,such as an apartment just untill they can find a house.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Sounds like my brother's girlfriend, only they don't live with me, thank goodness. I agree with xxhazeldovexx, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010