Pedialyte?

Is it ok for a 6mth old to have pedialyte? My dd threw up alotyesterday and has had 3 diRehea diapers so far today....she's not eating that much lately and doesn't really want her milk just the extremly watered down juice I've been giving her for liquids....can I give her pedialte instead of juice or is she too young?

maddie12284

Asked by maddie12284 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes....do it. She need to stay hydrated.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• yes its fine but i would suggest the non flavored kind and only about 3 onces.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• its fine, just give it to her in small amounts. in other words, don't let her get drunk on it. too much liquid at this age/point of illness isn't good at one setting. (or so i seem to remember the doc saying so..)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes. It would be probably be what the doctor would tell you.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would say it's okay...
    I couldn't get my son to drink the stuff...so, hope she'll drink it for you.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I remember Ki's doctor telling me to make sure she got at least 1 once an hour of liquid and no dairy when she wasn't feeling well, when she had diarrhea, and when she was vomiting.
    Pedialyte is fine at 6 months.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Thanks for the quick anwsers ladies!!!!
    maddie12284

Comment by maddie12284 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• yes, my youngest daughter would throw up the pedyalite she didn't like it so we would get gatorade for her instead and it worked just fine. But yes pedyalite is the best thing to give a baby so he/she wont become dehydrated.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes, my daughter is just one month old and has a little tummy bug. I took her to her pediatrician and he said we could give her 1-2 ounces of pedialyte a couple of times a day. She's only one month old, so I'm sure a 6 month old would be fine to have it too. If you don't think she is dehydrated though, she doesn't need it, but if she's not having any wet diapers I would definitely give it to her!
    chloesmom714

Answer by chloesmom714 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• yes it fine hope she gets better soon
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010