Do you make jello as dessert often?

I like to add fruit to the tropical pineapple jello recipe. However, the pineapple (which they say you shouldn't add) makes the jello less likely to gel up. The watermelon jello didn't taste at all like watermelon (which is another new flavor of jello). Always looking for something different to make.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can use canned pineapple, I am pretty sure. I used to make jello a lot but haven't for a while. I had a jello cookbook and was working my way through all of the recipes. One of the most fun was to let the jello partially gel and then mix cool whip in and let it set. Nice smooth and creamy taste.

Answer by Bmat at 4:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• i never make jello. i hate the texture
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No. I prefer pudding.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I make lots of jello and just have whipped cream on top.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• No, we're not fans of Jello.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• no, only sometimes but last time I made it my kids loved it so I'ma have to make it again soon.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I won't make just Jello as a dessert, but I like to use it in fruit salads or other things. Our current favorite Jello dessert is as follows:
    Combine 1 1/2 c. graham crumbs, 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 c. melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 325°. Cool. Chill a can of evaporated milk in the freezer for 2 hours. While that is chilling, mix 1 large or 2 small pkgs. any flavor Jello with 1 3/4 c. water and 1 c. sugar. Chill Jello mixture in fridge until like a thick syrup. Whip with mixer at high speed until frothy. Whip chilled evaporated milk at high speed until it's the consistency of whipped cream. Fold in Jello until well mixed. Scrape into the 9 x 13 pan with crust and top with additional graham crumbs if desired. Chill for at least an hour before cutting & serving. Store in refrigerator.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I make it but not often, we like it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Ewwww. Do you know how it is made??

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Lol my 11 year old won't eat it since he found out what it's made out of. i don't blame him. We like the taste, but it's not healthy at all lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010