would you hire a nanny that doesnt have recent experience?but has been a mom for the last 3yrs!

i was a nanny from 2002 to 2007 until i became pregant and then i became a full time mom... i have worked with twins , infants and older children.. but all my references are all out dated bc its been three years since i have worked. my husband is going on disabilitly due to a back injury and i need to go back to work. im afraid to put myself out there in the domestic field bc its been such a long time. my resume would be empty or at least out dated for that matter. I have never had a real job i have only cleaned houses or watched children. i use to ask for 10 to 12 an hour depending on the age number of kids and house cleaning required..Maybe i should ask for 8 or 9 bc i havent been in the field for awhile. thank you! any thoughts or advice would be wonderful!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• a Mom is better, in my opinion...... a nanny just hands them back at the end of the day. A mom can problem solve better, handle emergencies, illness, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would, I mean you have experience. Just make sure to contact anyone you would use a s a reference, to make sure they will still give you one and to make sure that their contact info is still good.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Yes.I think there could be no better experience for a nanny than being a mom!
    I would feel ten times safe having a nanny that has actual personal experience.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• is there such a thing as a nanny refresher course? ;)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• "is there such a thing as a nanny refresher course? ;) "

Yeah! It is called being a MOM for the past three years!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• You have great experience. You might want to get CPR certified. A lot of parents request it. It's great to have and can be done in a 3-4 hour class.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• Sure! I'd hire you. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 5:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• As long as your references are good, I don't think the gap in your resume will matter. Being a nanny isn't a field that changes rapidly, like something in technology, so you're still qualified in your field.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2010

• I would hire a nanny that was a mom over a woman that was never a mom...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2010